Bob Moose Pittsburgh Pirates Pitcher

Bob Moose Pittsburgh Pirates Pitcher
Bob Moose, 1967-1976

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Amanda and Vince's pilgrimage to Delmont, PA, to pay our respects to Bob Moose, 4/6/13









The pics and baseball cards laying there were touching. Right when we left, several OTHER people- a family of 5---stopped by! Amanda and I decided to test out her mom's GPS system with a trip to Murrysville and Delmont, PA, so I wanted to include a mecca to Bob Moose's grave. I was 8 years old (1974) when I started collecting baseball cards and his was my first card (or, at least, my first Pirate in my first pack of cards). I was in 5th grade when he died (10/9/76). Since then, I have always been fascinated with his life (and death)- the ultimate tale of triumph and tragedy: career highs and lows, overcoming health issues, then dying on his 29th birthday; quite sad and compelling, indeed. Amanda, who is an empath, said she most definitely felt a presence and we BOTH felt a sense of sorrow briefly come over us at the very same time near the end of our visit. The cemetary where Bob (and extended family) is laid to rest is quite beautiful with an amazing view (Bob's best friend, Tom Fox, who married his widow and who passed away in 2012, lays to rest on the right, while Bob's widow's parents lay to rest on the left [Bob's parents lay to rest at a different cemetary in Export, PA]). With much respect, Vince and Amanda






No comments:

Post a Comment